News & Events
June 29th, 2021
The HBTRC is able to accept brain donations, depending on criteria assessed on a case-by-case basis.
We are grateful for your interest and encourage you to reach out to us for additional information. Please feel free to contact us for additional information. See instructions.
- (09/13/21) HBTRC Launches New Responsive Website
- (06/30/2021) MYSTERIES OF MENTAL ILLNESS | New Frontiers Episode 4 (PBS) Timecode: 26:10 Aired: 06/23/21 | Expires: 07/22/24
- (03/19/21) Harvard Medical School Memorial Minutes Dr. Edward D. Bird (PDF)
- (02/25/20) Wanted: Healthy Brains (The Scientist)
- (10/29/19) "Remnant"
- (10/26/19) HBTRC at the 2019 NAMI Mass Annual Convention (Image Gallery)
- (08/21/19) Inside a Brain Bank, Where Humans' Most Precious Organ Is Dissected and Studied (Smithsonian.com)
- (04/10/19) McLean in Mumbai: Educating Clinicians and the Public About Mental Health (YouTube)
- (03/02/18) Collection of Brains from People with Eating Disorders to be Launched at Harvard
- (02/27/18) FREED and McLean Hospital Launch the National Eating Disorders Brain Bank
- (10/30/17) HBTRC at the 2017 NAMI Mass Annual Convention (Image Gallery)
- (02/17/17) Shortage of Brains for research (Copyright BBC News)
- (02/17/17) Scientists appeal for more people to donate their brains (BBC)
- (10/29/16) HBTRC at the 2016 NAMI Mass Annual Convention (Image Gallery)
- (10/05/16) Organ Donation: Why Do We Need Healthy Brains?
- (09/21/16) Immortalising human brains at the world’s largest brain bank (NewScientist)
- (08/02/16) "Brain Freeze: Welcome to the Country's Largest Brain Collection" (YouTube video) Great Big Story, CNN
- (07/22/16) Lab lament: If we only had some brains (Boston Herald)
- (11/01/14) Change in HBTRC Leadership
- (12/19/13) HBTRC Honored with Partners In Excellence (PIE) Award