News & Events
(June 15, 2023)
The Harvard Brain Tissue Resource Center (HBTRC) has no affiliation with the Harvard Medical School Anatomical Gift Program that is currently in the news. Brain donations to the HBTRC are received directly by our laboratory at McLean Hospital. Recognizing the invaluable nature of brain donation and the generosity of brain donors and their family, we treat each with the utmost respect.
The HBTRC is humbled by the trust that donors and their families place on us and are deeply committed to honor their wish to contribute to research in the most respectful manner.
- (09/13/21) HBTRC Launches New Responsive Website
- (06/30/21) MYSTERIES OF MENTAL ILLNESS | New Frontiers Episode 4 (PBS) Timecode: 26:10 Aired: 06/23/21 | Expires: 07/22/24
- (03/19/21) Harvard Medical School Memorial Minutes Dr. Edward D. Bird (PDF)
- (02/25/20) Wanted: Healthy Brains (The Scientist)
- (10/29/19) "Remnant"
- (10/26/19) HBTRC at the 2019 NAMI Mass Annual Convention (Image Gallery)
- (08/21/19) Inside a Brain Bank, Where Humans' Most Precious Organ Is Dissected and Studied (Smithsonian.com)
- (04/10/19) McLean in Mumbai: Educating Clinicians and the Public About Mental Health (YouTube)
- (03/02/18) Collection of Brains from People with Eating Disorders to be Launched at Harvard
- (02/27/18) FREED and McLean Hospital Launch the National Eating Disorders Brain Bank
- (10/30/17) HBTRC at the 2017 NAMI Mass Annual Convention (Image Gallery)
- (02/17/17) Shortage of Brains for research (Copyright BBC News)
- (02/17/17) Scientists appeal for more people to donate their brains (BBC)
- (10/29/16) HBTRC at the 2016 NAMI Mass Annual Convention (Image Gallery)
- (10/05/16) Organ Donation: Why Do We Need Healthy Brains?
- (09/21/16) Immortalising human brains at the world’s largest brain bank (NewScientist)
- (08/02/16) "Brain Freeze: Welcome to the Country's Largest Brain Collection" (YouTube video) Great Big Story, CNN
- (07/22/16) Lab lament: If we only had some brains (Boston Herald)
- (11/01/14) Change in HBTRC Leadership
- (12/19/13) HBTRC Honored with Partners In Excellence (PIE) Award