News & Outreach
(July 20, 2020) Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the HBTRC is able to accept only a limited number of brain donations, depending on specific criteria assessed on a case-by-case basis. We are grateful for your interest and encourage you to reach out to us for additional information. Please feel free to contact us during office hours (1-800-BRAINBANK 1-800-272-4622) for additional information.
- (25-Feb-2020) Wanted: Healthy Brains (The Scientist)
- (29-Oct-2019) "Remnant"
- (21-Aug-2019) Inside a Brain Bank, Where Humans' Most Precious Organ Is Dissected and Studied (Smithsonian.com)
- (10-Apr-2019) McLean in Mumbai: Educating Clinicians and the Public About Mental Health (YouTube)
- (02-Mar-2018) Collection of Brains from People with Eating Disorders to be Launched at Harvard
- (17-Feb-2017) Shortage of Brains for research (Copyright BBC News)
- (17-Feb-2017) Scientists appeal for more people to donate their brains (BBC)
- (29-Oct 2016) HBTRC at the 2016 NAMI Mass Annual Convention (Image Gallery)
- (05-Oct-2016) Organ Donation: Why Do We Need Healthy Brains?
- (21-Sep-2016) Immortalising human brains at the world’s largest brain bank (NewScientist)
- (02-Aug-2016) "Brain Freeze: Welcome to the Country's Largest Brain Collection" (YouTube video) Great Big Story, CNN
- (22-Jul-2016) Lab lament: If we only had some brains (Boston Herald)
- (01-Nov-2014) Change in HBTRC Leadership
- (19-Dec-2013) HBTRC Honored with Partners In Excellence (PIE) Award