News & Outreach
(March 30, 2020) Regrettably, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are currently not able to accept brain donations. We are grateful for your interest and will post an update as soon as possible. Please feel free to contact us during office hours (1-800-BRAINBANK 1-800-272-4622) for additional information.
- (25-Feb-2020) Wanted: Healthy Brains (The Scientist)
- (29-Oct-2019) "Remnant"
- (21-Aug-2019) Inside a Brain Bank, Where Humans' Most Precious Organ Is Dissected and Studied (Smithsonian.com)
- (10-Apr-2019) McLean in Mumbai: Educating Clinicians and the Public About Mental Health (YouTube)
- (02-Mar-2018) Collection of Brains from People with Eating Disorders to be Launched at Harvard
- (17-Feb-2017) Shortage of Brains for research (Copyright BBC News)
- (17-Feb-2017) Scientists appeal for more people to donate their brains (BBC)
- (29-Oct 2016) HBTRC at the 2016 NAMI Mass Annual Convention (Image Gallery)
- (05-Oct-2016) Organ Donation: Why Do We Need Healthy Brains?
- (21-Sep-2016) Immortalising human brains at the world’s largest brain bank (NewScientist)
- (02-Aug-2016) "Brain Freeze: Welcome to the Country's Largest Brain Collection" (YouTube video) Great Big Story, CNN
- (22-Jul-2016) Lab lament: If we only had some brains (Boston Herald)
- (01-Nov-2014) Change in HBTRC Leadership
- (19-Dec-2013) HBTRC Honored with Partners In Excellence (PIE) Award